What is it?: A day for Ally allies to support the trials of Allies, who for too long have struggled to meet the basic standards of human decency.
When is it: Apparently every day.
What can I do?: We’re still working on getting the bracelets, but until then you can plaster this flag onto every available space:
In honor of Ally Day, we are also holding an Ally Convention. Highlighted activities and workshops include:
- Oppression by Association: How to re-center the discussion of oppression on yourself
- Cookies 101: How to beg
- Bechdel Test: How dating, befriending, or otherwise associating with oppressed individual renders you incapable of furthering oppressive ideology.
- Speakerphone: How to spread awareness by speaking over the oppressed. [Guest appearance by Tim Wise]
- This Land is Your Land, But Mostly My Land: How to insert yourself into spaces made for and by individuals with marginalized identities.
- Ally Pride Parade: A celebration of the true you. [Musical appearance by Lady Gaga]
More information will be distributed as the event date approaches. Until then, remember… ally behind your allies.
Oh this is perfect. I love you.
I lost it at the guest appearance by Tim Wise. LMAO!!!